RAF Chaplainsí Assistant denominational sleeve
badges from the 1950ís. Chaplains Assistants were all women who
generally attended to the spiritual needs of female RAF personnel, as
well as assisting the RAF Chaplain in his general duties. They wore the
same RAF uniform as the WRAF but with distinct cap and other badges. A
series of badges were introduced in 1953, including three denominational
shoulder titles in both light blue on blue/grey, and red on tan for the
tropical Service Dress. These seem to have lasted until 1960 when the
denominational badges were replaced with a simple 'Chaplains Assistant'
The above images information has kindly been provide by one of the site's anonymous contributors.
Return to previous page
All content of this site including electronic scans are the copyright © 2001 to current date of H.Routledge, or the specific contributors where attributed and cannot be reproduced by either digital, electronic, electrostatic or lithographic or by any other means without expressed permission from the originator. No part of the site, images, text or other material within the site is to be reproduced in any format without the express permission of the site owner.